A healthy breakfast from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
Depending on your breakfast appetite, this can serve 2 or 4. Both apple and oats are sources of prebiotic fibre, meaning they help feed the good guys in your gut. Feel free to switch the berries with some sliced banana and a spoonful of peanut butter.
In Winter, for a warmer option, you can soak the oat mixture overnight in a bowl and gently cook it the following morning to make porridge – adding as much extra liquid (milk or water) as you need for your preferred consistency.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
- 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (40g) chia seeds
- 2/3 cup (80g) almond meal or LSA
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 ½ cups preferred milk (choose nut milk for dairy-free and vegan)
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional), plus extra to drizzle
- Dry roasted almonds, chopped
- Warmed mixed berries, to serve
- Combine oats, seeds, almond meal, apple, milk, maple (optional) and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl. Set aside to absorb for 10 minutes.
- Divide mixture between serving glasses, cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Serve with almonds, berries and a little extra maple (optional). Add extra milk if desired.
- Switch the berries with some sliced banana and a spoonful of peanut butter.