Take your fruit salad game to the next level by serving it in the prettiest coconut bowls. Feel free to use whichever seasonal, local fruit you have on hand. After cracking the coconuts open, be sure to keep the coconut water and drink it fresh with ice!
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 coconuts
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 2 passionfruit, fleshed scooped
- 2 figs, cut into wedges
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 small pomegranate, arils only
- Edible flowers, to serve
- Toasted coconut flakes, to serve
- Using the back of a heavy knife, carefully tap the coconut along its centre line, turning in your hand and tapping around the coconut until you hear a hollow, changed sound (this might take about one minute). Carefully open coconuts into halves.
- Place yoghurt into each coconut half and top with fruit. Serve topped with flowers and coconut flakes.