A delicious healthy meal from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
This is the prettiest and easiest slaw, perfect for Summer. Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that’s a great choice for its cancer-fighting compounds. It’s also a source of prebiotic fibre, as are apples, thanks to their pectin content, so this is a great little gut-supporting meal.
You will virtually never find chicken breast in my fridge. The thigh is by far my favourite because it has twice the zinc and iron of the white cuts, and it’s much tastier. I like to keep the skin on for a little collagen boost. You can cook one or two chicken thigh cutlets per person, depending on appetite.
- 4-8 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 pink or red apples, 1 cut into strips, 1 cut across into thin slices
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Micro greens, to serve
Lemon yoghurt dressing
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, finely diced or crushed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Score chicken skin. Rub over oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a chargrill pan. Cook chicken pieces 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest while preparing slaw.
- To prepare lemon yoghurt dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Combine apple strips, cabbage, spring onion and half of the dressing. Divide between serving plates. Arrange apple slices on top. Scatter over micro greens and drizzle over remaining dressing to taste. Serve with chicken.