A delicious healthy recipe from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
The freshest, most flavoursome salad – nutrient dense and with plenty of protein – this is one of my favourite weeknight dinners.
- 8 kipfler potatoes
- 4 organic eggs
- 300g beans (green, yellow or mixed)
- Olive oil, to cook
- 400 g sashimi grade tuna (or you can use quality tinned)
- 1 small bag mixed lettuce leaves (mignonette, cos, radicchio etc)
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 8 tinned anchovies, drained
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp kefir milk
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- To prepare dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover generously with water and bring to a gentle boil. Cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Bring saucepan of water to boil. Add eggs and cook for 3 minutes or until soft boiled. Set aside to cool. Add beans to saucepan and cook until tender. Refresh under cold water.
- Preheat frying pan over high heat. Brush or spray tuna with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper. Sear for 30 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut in half lengthways. Peel eggshells and cut eggs in half. Arrange lettuce on serving plates with tomatoes, olives, beans, potatoes and eggs. Slice tuna and arrange over salad. Drizzle over dressing, using as much as desired.