A delicious post-workout shake from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
Peanut butter is a great source of good fats, vitamin E, protein, fibre and even potassium and folate. When choosing peanut butter, be sure to go for one made from 100 per cent nuts so you don’t end up with unexpected added sugar and refined oils.
Raw cacao is similar to regular cocoa – both come from the cocoa bean – except that it’s less processed and hasn’t been heated to high temperatures, so it retains more nutrients including vitamin C, iron, fibre, polyphenols and other antioxidants.
If you’re getting plenty of protein in your day from wholefood sources – such as eggs, meat and nuts – you can reduce or skip the protein powder and just enjoy this as a delicious smoothie.
- 1 banana
- 60g quality protein powder
- 2 tbs raw cacao, plus extra to sprinkle
- 2 tbs pure peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup preferred milk (choose nut milk for dairy-free)
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into a blender or Thermomix. Blend 30 seconds on high until smooth. Divide between 2 serving glasses.
- Sprinkle with extra raw cacao if liked.