A delicious healthy meal from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
They may take slightly longer than 2 minute noodles, but they’re still quick and infinitely better for you.
One of the benefits of this delicious soup is that it uses five different vegetables. We now know that kind of plant variety is seriously important for good gut health – because different microbes eat different fibres.
If you prefer, you can use whichever green vegetables and mushroom varieties you have on hand.
Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 litre quality chicken stock/broth
- 350g chicken tenderloins
- 200g brown rice chia noodles (or use your preferred noodles)
- 2 tbsp finely shredded ginger
- 4-8 shitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- ½ cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 bunch gai larn, tender leaves only
- 2 cups finely shredded savoy cabbage
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- Bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Add the chicken tenderloins, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Leave for 15 minutes. The chicken will poach gently this way.
- Meanwhile bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the noodles. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or according to packet directions, until just tender, drain.
- Remove chicken from stock using tongs and use your fingers to shred into bite-sized pieces, set aside. Bring the stock to a rapid boil and add the ginger, mushrooms, gai larn and cabbage. Bring back to the boil, cook for another minute then stir in the miso.
- Put noodles into each bowl, top with the shredded chicken and ladle over the soup and vegetables. Sprinkle a few toasted sesame seeds on each bowl and scatter with the shredded onion.