A delicious healthy recipe from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
This breakfast ticks every box – lots of greens, plenty of protein, so nutrient dense and absolutely delicious! If you have the pesto on hand in the fridge, you can make it in minutes.
If you’re making this meal for one or two, just quarter or halve the quantities.
- 8 medium portabello or field mushrooms
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp butter
- 8 eggs
- Spinach cashew pesto, to serve (see recipe here)
- Baby spinach, to serve
- Preheat oven in grill mode. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place mushrooms on prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Place under grill and cook about 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and, using a fork, whisk to combine.
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs and, using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, scramble until just cooked.
- Divide eggs between serving plates. Serve with mushrooms, pesto, sea salt and pepper to season, topped with baby spinach.