These are a delicious protein-rich, nutrient-dense snack. They’re seriously quick and easy and will stop you resorting to something less nourishing when the mid-morning munchies hit.
- 1 cup (140g) frozen peas
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (20g) grated hard cheese (such as cheddar or parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Few sprigs parsley, leaves only (or herb of your liking)
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan).
- Grease 12 x 50ml mini muffin tin. Line bases with baking paper circles.
- Steam (or microwave) peas until defrosted. Transfer peas to a high-powered blender or the small bowl of a food processor. Add 1 of the eggs, cheese, almond meal, olive oil and parsley. Blend, stopping to scrape down sides if needed, until mixture is well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining 3 eggs. Stir through pea mixture until well combined. Lightly stir through flour until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared mini muffin tin. Bake for about 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm or cool.