Makes about 25
Move over every other bliss ball on the planet. You’re no longer needed. These are our absolute favourites.
Cacao nibs are a rich source of anti-inflammatory polyphenols and antioxidants. Paired with activated almonds, a great source of fibre and vitamin E, they’re the ultimate snack. If you like a strong citrusy flavour, use two limes instead of one.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 70g (3/4 cup) toasted coconut flakes
- 60g (1/2 cup) cacao nibs
- 80g (1/2 cup) activated (or roasted) almonds
- 200g fresh (Medjool) dates, pitted
- Grated or peeled zest (avoid excess white pith) and juice of 1 (or 2) limes
- 2 tsp maca powder or quality protein powder (choose gluten-free/dairy-free if needed)
- Place cacao nibs and coconut flakes into a high-powered blender or food processer and blend to a semi-coarse powder (Thermomix: 10 sec/speed 8). Set aside half of the mixture onto a large plate for rolling balls, leave remaining half in processor.
- Add almonds and lime zest. Blend to a ground consistency (Thermomix: 8 sec/speed 8).
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend for 30-60 sec to a paste (Thermomix: 40 sec/speed 6). Scrape down sides and repeat if needed.
- Roll mixture into balls and then roll balls in reserved ground cacao coconut mixture. Store bliss balls in refrigerator.