A delicious healthy meal from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
Move over potato mash. Switching potato for four different vegetables means you get so much more vegetable variety than you would with potato mash, as well as a lovely hit of greens.
Served with tasty chicken skewers, this makes a perfectly balanced mid-week meal.
- 500g white sweet potato (peeled weight), peeled and diced
- 120g leek, trimmed and sliced
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (or 20g butter – use olive oil for dairy-free)
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir through chicken to coat. Cover with cling wrap and set aside.
- Place sweet potato into a steaming basket over a saucepan half filled with water and steam until almost tender. Add broccoli, leek and peas to steaming basket and steam until all vegetables are cooked.
- Place butter, cooked vegetables and 1–2 tablespoons of the steaming liquid into a food processor or high-powered blender and process until mashed.
- Preheat chargrill pan.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and cook on preheated pan until cooked through.
- Divide mash between serving plates. Serve with skewers. Drizzle with oil, and garnish with micro herbs to serve.