A delicious healthy breakfast from our Co-Founder and Nutrition Director, Louise Keats.
This crepe mixture is sweetened only with banana and is protein rich thanks to the four eggs. I prefer spelt from a nutritional standpoint as it’s an ancient grain with less gluten that many people find more digestible. But you can use regular plain flour if that’s what you have on hand.
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana
- 150 g (1 cup) white spelt flour
- 250 g (1 cup) milk (you can use nut milk if preferred)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (or olive/macadamia oil, or butter)
- 2 tsp poppyseeds (optional)
- Butter or your preferred oil, to cook
- Orange and grapefruit segments and juice, to serve
- Edible flowers, to serve (optional)
- Raw honey or pure quality maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Place eggs, banana, flour, milk, coconut oil and poppyseeds into a food processor or blender and process until well combined and smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Heat pan. Add butter/oil and swirl to coat pan. Pour enough batter in pan just to coat base. Swirl to coat. Cook for 1 min or until golden. Flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with citrus segments, citrus juice, edible flowers and a drizzle of honey/maple syrup.