This recipe is for Thermomix owners – it’s a great all in one meal. The rice cooks in the mixing bowl while the fish steams above. It’s such a light and healthy dish, and also so very pretty. The precise cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of your fish fillets, so keep an eye on your Varoma as it cooks.
Dairy free | Egg free | Gluten free | Nut free | Thermomix
- 300 g basmati rice
- 500 g water
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 5 g fresh turmeric, sliced
- 4 × 180 g boneless white fish fillets
- 1–2 small bunches bok choy, halved lengthways
- 1 spring onion, ends trimmed, shredded, to serve
- micro tatsoi leaves, to serve
- soy sauce or tamari, to serve (choose a gluten-free brand if needed)
- sesame oil, to serve
- black sesame, seeds to serve
- Place the rice into the simmering basket. Place the water, coconut milk and turmeric into the mixing bowl. Line the Varoma tray with baking paper and place the fish fillets onto the tray.
- Place the simmering basket and the Varoma into position. Cook 13 min/Varoma/speed 2. Add the bok choy to the Varoma dish (underneath the fish) and cook for a further 3 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until the rice, fish and vegetables are cooked.
- Divide the rice, fish and bok choy between 4 serving plates and garnish the fish with shredded spring onion, tatsoi leaves, a drizzle of soy sauce and sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.